The H.323 recommendation of the ITU requires a registration of the videoconferencing endpoints to a so-called gatekeeper which provides address translation and controls access to the network. A Global Dialling Scheme GDS has been developed. It uses a hierarchy of gatekeepers to route call set-up information nationally and internationally. The scheme defines 00 as an international dialling prefix and the use of the well-known ITU-T country telephone codes. For more addressing details please click here.
Although the H.323 standard includes different addressing methods like e.g. e-mail addresses, these methods are not supported by all gatekeepers and endpoints. Therefore at present only numerical addressing is provided within DFNVC.
To dial a conference hosted on our MCUs you have to conform the following requirements:
- Your organization
- has signed up to DFNVC or
- you are a guest participant in a conference another authorized organization has initiated.
- Your endpoint
- is directly registered to DFNVC meaning it is registered to the DFNVC gatekeeper or
- is registered to the gatekeeper of your own organization which has been registered to DFNVC or
- is registered as a guest device to the public gatekeeper of DFNVC or
- is registered to a gatekeeper anywhere in the worldwide GDS.